Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MARA HOFFMAN: RESORT 2012

I absolutely adore the new collection from Mara Hoffman! 
I've been a fan of hers for a while, but the lookbook for her newest creations is simply stunning and has me falling in love all over again. 
Normally I don't get all gung-ho for editorials that depict black models in a stereotypical light
--typically consisting of jungle settings, bones through noses, weird voodoo hoodoo, and loin cloths....bleh.
But the Resort 2012 lookbook is all kinds of gorgeous! And it's so tastefully done that it makes me wanna run to the Congo! 
Okay, that's a bit of a stretch, but you get the point. 
All of the exotic florals and shrubbery, eye-popping colors, flowy cover-ups, 
and amazing swimwear work together flawlessly. And model Nykhor Paul just adds the icing on the cake. 
She's a beaute, her make-up is spot on, and her skin looks amazing. 
Aah! I love it.
photos via Mara Hoffman

No comments:

Post a Comment